Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 5

Day 5 is my favorite recipe... I don't cook much, it's actually one of my New Year's resolutions to cook more... anyway, I love this recipe. My family and friends LOVE this chili. Chad's aunt, Dianne, introduced us to this recipe a couple of Christmas Eve's ago. It is wonderful, especially on cold day. In fact, I may make this tonight. :) Enjoy!

White Chili Recipe

1 pkg frozen seasoning blend- found in the frozen vegetables
1 stick of real butter
2 cups reserved chicken broth
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
3 cans of white shoepeg corn, drained
4 cans of Great Northern beans, drained ( I use 3 cans)
1 can rotel
1 can chopped green chilies
1 lb. velveeta cheese
1 tsp minced garlic or garlic powder
1 package of McCormick White chicken Chili Mix
8 oz. sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
cayenne pepper, optional

Boil chicken, reserving broth. Shred or dice chicken. In a very large pot, melt butter and saute frozen seasoning blend until thoroughly heated. Add white chicken chili mix, garlic. Add cream of chicken soup, rotel, beans,corn, chilies, chicken, salt, pepper and velveeta. Heat until cheese melts. Turn heat on lowest heat possible, stir in sour cream. Can add additional broth if you want thinner soup. Simmer for about 20 minutes. Adjust seasoning as needed. Serve with shredded cheese and jalapenos, if desired.

No comments: