Sunday, January 23, 2011
This is an easy one- February 5th, Chad is taking me to see RASCAL FLATTS!!! WHOO HOOOOOO!! My birthday is February 11th, so it worked out that he could take me to see them for my birthday!! I can't wait. They are awesome!!!!!! I'll be the one dancing and singing the loudest. No really.
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Well, I have a lot of goals.. it depends what type of "goal' we're talking about... lifelong goals, goals for the year, goals for the week...
My lifelong goals-
1. Be the best mother, wife, daughter, granddaughter, and friend that I can be.
2. Be a witness.
3. Live life to the fullest.
4. Don't take one day for granted.
5. Enjoy the little things.
6. Don't sweat the small stuff.
7. Love like crazy.- Lee Brice :)
Goals for the year-
1. Get back into shape!
Goals for the week-
1. Get through with this 30 Day Blog Challenge.. I need to work on this one for sure.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
1. That God is our Savior, our Father, Friend, Redeemer, and Comforter. He is the ONLY way.
2. Jesus Christ is God's son, who was sent on this earth to die for our sins.
3. My sister, Kara, and my Pop are waiting to see me in Heaven... it will be SUCH a reunion!
4. Your family should ALWAYS come first. Always.
5. Love is all that matters.
6. Having a child is the greatest, most joyful experiences a person can ever have.
7. Good friends are hard to come by.. so when you find them, hold on to them.
On a lighter note:
8. Republicans are better.
9. Coke is better than Pepsi.
10. Dogs are better than cats...but if you have mice, that's a different situation... (see Day 10
post..'What I'm afraid of ')
Monday, January 10, 2011
Christmas Eve, Greyson threw out his Reindeer food so that they could find our house. :)
Christmas Eve at Mimi and Pops was so much fun!! We couldn't see out of the back of the Tahoe on the way home.. it was packed FULL.
I LOVE tv!!! I don't get to watch it much anymore..normally I am watching Nick Jr with Greyson. However, there are some shows I take the time to watch....
1) Desperate Housewives (I LOVE their drama, but very thankful I don't have it in my life!)
2)Dancing with the Stars.. I would definitely do this! But unfortunately, they do not have Dancing with a 1st Grade Teacher...when they do, I'm there.
3)Friends reruns..Chad doesn't understand why I like to watch these.. he always asks, "Why would you watch something if you've watched it so many times you know what they're going to say next?!?!" I do understand his point, but there's just something about my old "Friends"..
Saturday, January 8, 2011
Thursday, January 6, 2011
My friends are definitely a major part of my life. I don't know what I would do without them. Each and every one of them have a special place in my life. We've all been through a lot together.
Lauren, me, Hope, Erin, Kayla, and Jennifer at our Annual Friends Christmas party. I don't know what I would do without these girls..
My sister-in-law and best friend, Emily.
Lacie, Megan, Melissa, and me. Precious, precious girls.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Monday, January 3, 2011
Sunday, January 2, 2011
White Chili Recipe
1 pkg frozen seasoning blend- found in the frozen vegetables
1 stick of real butter
2 cups reserved chicken broth
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
3 cans of white shoepeg corn, drained
4 cans of Great Northern beans, drained ( I use 3 cans)
1 can rotel
1 can chopped green chilies
1 lb. velveeta cheese
1 tsp minced garlic or garlic powder
1 package of McCormick White chicken Chili Mix
8 oz. sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
cayenne pepper, optional
Boil chicken, reserving broth. Shred or dice chicken. In a very large pot, melt butter and saute frozen seasoning blend until thoroughly heated. Add white chicken chili mix, garlic. Add cream of chicken soup, rotel, beans,corn, chilies, chicken, salt, pepper and velveeta. Heat until cheese melts. Turn heat on lowest heat possible, stir in sour cream. Can add additional broth if you want thinner soup. Simmer for about 20 minutes. Adjust seasoning as needed. Serve with shredded cheese and jalapenos, if desired.