Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 4

My parents- Howard and Rhonda Holder.
My mom was born in Vicksburg, MS to Travis and Betty Henry. They moved to Tx when she was only a couple of days old. My Pop had a job that moved them all over the country. She was in 6 different schools in the 1st grade alone. They finally settled permanently in Rosenberg, Tx when she was in the 4th grade. She finished school there and graduated from Lamar Consolidated High School.
My dad was born in Orange, Tx to Freddie and Jean Holder. They moved alot, just like my mom's family. They moved to Rosenberg, Tx when my dad was in the 9th grade. My dad graduated from Lamar Consolidated like my mom, only 2 yrs earlier. My dad went to the Air Force after high school.
My parents met through my Aunt Vickie. My mom and aunt shared a locker through high school and worked together at a drug store as Soda Jerks. My dad came in the drug store to see my aunt when he was on leave, met my mom.. and the rest is history! They got married, moved to Sugarland, Tx and I was born! 7 years later my brother, Trant, came along.
Now, my dad is the Plant Manager at Choctaw Generating Station in French Camp.. (why we moved to MS). My mom keeps Greyson while we're at work... and loves every minute of it.
I don't know what we would do without these two. They have always supported and loved me in every decision I have made in my life. They are my biggest fans, and I am theirs.





No comments: