Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A little deeper than normal.

As I was just checking my friends blogs and of course facebook for the day, I came upon a Caring Bridge site for a little girl named Layne. Layne was born with Trisomy 18. They didn't know if she would live after being born- and if she did live, they didn't know how long they would have her. She was not still born and they got to take her home. She went to be with her Father in Heaven after 36 days with her earthly family. As I was reading her journal, I realized that I need to slow down and not take every day for granted. Be there, in the moment. Sometimes it's hard to do, especially with a 2 year old that is everywhere! It's so easy to get into a routine and loose track of our main focus. So many different events these last months have had my mind racing... friends that are struggling after losing a baby, families that are mourning after suddenly losing a family member. It's so hard to comprehend why horrible things happen, especially to precious people. I constantly refer to Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God." That's all we can do, especially in times like these. He is the only One that can get you through it.
This Christmas, Be still and know that He is God.

No comments: