Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 18

Day 18- Something you regret.
That's an easy one.
When my Pop was dying of cancer in summer of '04, there were a lot of things I wanted to tell him. Especially that last time I knew I was going to see him. He meant, well means, a lot to me. There is no other like him. He was my Pop. We had a special bond. I wanted to tell him how much I loved him, how much he meant to me, that I would miss him... but I didn't. I gave him a hug and a kiss and that was all. He told me to help take care of things. I said I would.

I know that he knew.. I didn't say it because I didn't want to remind of him the inevitable. Even though I know that's probably all he thought about. A week later he died. Even typing this post makes my heart sink. I am truly sorry for not saying what I wanted to say. Mainly for me. There's not a day that goes by that I don't miss him.

No comments: